Entering is easy.
Each day a social media task will be posted on the Author Haley Rhoades Facebook Page. https://www.facebook.com/AuthorHaleyRhoades/
Complete the task & BAM!
You are entered in the daily drawing.
Complete 11 of the 13 daily tasks and you are entered in the Valentine’s Day Grand Prize Drawing. Prizes will range from Kindle books to a prize pack with autographed paperbacks, bookmarks, pens, and other swag.
Feel free to tell all of your family and friends about this Valentine’s Gift-Away.
This Valentine’s Gift-Away by Author Haley Rhoades is not (at all) sponsored by, run by, or associated with, Facebook.
Official Facebook Giveaway
Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those age 16 and over as of 2/1/20.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Author Haley Rhoades as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting 2/1/20 on and ending 2/14/20. All online entries must be received by midnight each day as stated in the post.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the method provided each day at Author Haley Rhoades’ post of the Facebook Giveaway. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Author Haley Rhoades. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Author Haley Rhoades.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive their prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Author Haley Rhoades discretion. The prize is transferable.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received each day.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected each day under the supervision of Author Haley Rhoades. Winner will be notified by Facebook Message, Twitter, or Email within the day following selection of Winner. Author Haley Rhoades shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at Author Haley Rhoades sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Author Haley Rhoades, anyone acting on behalf of Author Haley Rhoades, and Author Haley Rhoades licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Giveaways: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Author Haley Rhoades. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Author Haley Rhoades from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Author Haley Rhoades may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Author Haley Rhoades reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Author Haley Rhoades control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Author Haley Rhoades may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Author Haley Rhoades. Author Haley Rhoades reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Author Haley Rhoades has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Author Haley Rhoades reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Author Haley Rhoades and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF [National/State/Provincial Government] WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [location] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Author Haley Rhoades.
14. ___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules
Hurry, don’t miss these great prices.
Stock up for yourself and get ahead on your gift shopping.
You can’t find these prices on Amazon.
I’m starting a promotion with wonderful prizes. I hope you will participate.
Charmed Life Promo by Author Haley Rhoades begins today.
Download/Print this sheet to keep track of each charm you earn. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cbMgcQfSQt17y-zwLfkopbKAqqx7pusmPNAZ-3u5T7Y/edit?usp=sharing
How to earn a charm: When you buy a book-send a pic of the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org (can be digital or paper receipt). When you write a review send the link to the review to email@example.com. When you post about a book on social media tag me in the post. Facebook @authorhaleyrhoades Twitter: @haleyrhoadesbks Instagram: Authorhaleyrhoades
I hope you enjoy my books and share them with all of your family and friends. The Charmed Life Promo is open to everyone.
I must confess, I haven’t been writing as much as I’d like to be. I know, many of you are anxiously awaiting book #3 in The Locals Series. Status update: I need one more pass through it before I send it to editing.
I’ve been busy entertaining family. ‘Tis the vacation season. We had a lovely visit from our youngest son (21 years old), followed by a visit from our oldest son (25 years old), and now a visit from my in-laws (I won’t share their age). In the day or two between the visits, I found myself running errands and prepping the house for our next guest.
It’s a great problem to have. We love seeing the family and sharing our favorite parts of Kansas City with them.
Yesterday we visited the Negro League Museum in KC. Although, I’ve visited a few times now, I still experience goosebumps and fight tears during the visit. I’m a baseball fan, but you don’t have to be to enjoy the museum and the attached Jazz Museum at the notorious 18th & Vine. I felt like I was standing in the presence of many of baseball’s greatest players through the photos, videos, and sculptures. If you haven’t visited, I highly recommend it. Sometimes, even entire MLB teams tour the museum when the are in town to take on the Royals.
During my “vacations” with family, I have emailed myself some scenes and ideas for my next writing session. Madison, Hamilton, and Liberty are always on my mind. I’m excited for the big reveal in book #3, as I know many fans are.
I promise Monday to hit the office again and buckle down. Tailgates and First Dates will be in your hands in August 2019.
Thank you to all of the fans that have reached out asking the status of the next book. It helps to keep me motivated. Stay tuned for status updates and have a terrific summer.
Do you enjoy adrenaline rushes? What is your go-to adventure? I enjoy skydiving much to the horror of my husband. He enjoys scuba diving. Although I attempted to overcome my claustrophobia to join him, my ears would not acclimate to allow me to descend with him. Through our nearly 26 years of marriage our shared adrenaline inducing adventure has been the weather. Now that our children are well in their 20’s, we are looking forward to storm-chasing when he retires in a couple of years. Last night we experienced a mini-adventure in our own yard.
Scary storms moved through the Kansas City area last night. The storm started in the middle of Kansas with a tornado that lasted over 2 hours as it moved to the Kansas/Missouri Border. We live on the northeast side of KC (Did you know that the Kansas City that comes to mind when you hear its name is actually in MO?). We prepped our storm room, had our fur baby in hand, and then tried to catch a peek of the tornado. As you can see by the footage, we witnessed it from our front porch. (I assure you, had it been closer, we would have sought shelter.) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-zk2eSBjfsXj3E2UwjnjMJLJHP-0uA6P/view?usp=sharing
I’m officially stepping out of my comfort zone and attending public author events this summer. I hope you will stop by to see me. I’ll have swag, books, and fun conversations waiting at my table.
Iowa friends find me at Valley West Mall in Des Moines, Iowa.
Missouri and Kansas friends find me at the Downtown Marriott in KC.
To ensure you receive the books you are interested in Pre-order books or arrange autographs here.
May 19th, 2019 marks the second anniversary of publishing my first book. This journey has been so much more than I ever thought it could be. Originally, I thought I would sell a book or two to close friends. Hundreds of books later, I’m humbled by my readers, fans, and followers.
To Celebrate, I’m Giving away a Bag of Swag!
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ღ ❤️ Giveaway ❤️
🔥🔥 2 Year Author Anniversary🔥🔥🔥
Win all of this swag!
To celebrate, I’m giving away a paperback copy of all 7 of my books,
3 bookmarks, 2 magnets, & 1 ink pen/stylus.
Contest ends 5/31/19 at 8pm CST.
Like and share the giveaway post I’ve already posted on Facebook = 1 entry.
Share the post on Twitter and tag @haleyrhoadesbks = 1 entry.
Share my Instagram Post = 1 entry.
Tag Haley Rhoades in a post showing your review on Amazon and/or Goodreads of a Haley Rhoades book = 1 entry. (1 entry for each review and each social media platform you share on)
You may earn the above entries once before 5/24/19, then again between 5/25 and 5/31/19.
Check out all of my social media platforms for the contest post to share.
So, I am in the process of moving my website to WordPress. Please be patient and check back soon.